Photo by Povy Kendal Atchison
This no-sauce pizza may seem unconventional, but the flavorful combination of toppings and herbs makes this pizza a tasty crowd-pleaser. MAKES ONE 15- TO 16-INCH PIZZA
• 1 (15-ounce) prepared pizza dough
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 cup chopped baby spinach
• 1/2 cup chopped baby arugula
• 10 large fresh basil leaves, cut into 1/2-inch strips
1/2 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or marjoram
• 3 plum or roma-style tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch-thick
• 1/2 cup chopped red onion
• 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped (½ cup)
• 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet or 14- to 15-inch pizza screen with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to the size of the baking sheet or pizza screen. Transfer to the baking sheet or screen and brush crust with oil.
2. Arrange spinach, arugula, basil, tarragon or marjoram, and tomato slices over the pizza crust. Top with the red onion, artichoke hearts and feta cheese, spreading evenly to the edges. Bake until crust is crispy and golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
Kris Wetherbee is a contributing editor who wrangles her herb garden in western Oregon.
Click here for the main article, Prepare Herbal Pizza Combinations.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE