Throw the ultimate holiday party this season—it’s easier than you think.
Mark Baltzley Photography
Serves 6 to 8
This simple dish might not look as fancy as some of its more impressive cousins, but the flavor is delectable and the easy-peasy recipe should make you confident about what to take to that next brunch or potluck.
• 1 bunch green onions, chopped
• 8 ounces frozen artichoke hearts
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 12 eggs
• ¼ cup milk
• 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
• ½ pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 6 to 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Chopped chives and oregano, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook onions and artichoke hearts in hot oil until golden.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add milk and beat again. Stir in parsley, mozzarella, basil, salt and pepper. Add to onion and artichoke mixture. Mix well.
4. Bake 15 minutes or until firm. Slice and serve warm, garnished with chives and oregano.
Allison Martin is associate editor of The Herb Companion. She enjoyed tasting her way through this story.
For the main article, An Herbal Feast for the Holiday Season, click here.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE