Excellent served with steamed vegetables or grilled fish or chicken.
• 1 pound unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh marjoram
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh summer savory
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh Greek oregano
• 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
• 1 large onion, finely chopped and sautéed in olive oil until just browned
• Roasted Garlic (see below) as needed
Soften the butter and mix in remaining ingredients. Store in refrigerator.
• 2 heads garlic
• Olive oil
Cut heads of garlic in half horizontally. Brush cut sides with olive oil and place on a tray, flat side down. Roast at 300°F for 40 minutes or until very soft. When cool, squeeze out the garlic flesh and add as much as desired to the herb butter mixture.
--Laurie Krieger, Wildwood, Alberta, Canada
For more recipes from Kitchen Table, click here.