The naturally tart taste of this tea may be amended by adding honey or other sweetener (rose geranium sugar is especially nice).
• 1 cup rose hips
• 1/2 cup diced dried pitted cherries
• 1/4 cup crumbled dried orange peel
• 2 cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces
• 1/4 cup dried unsprayed rose petals
• 1/4 cup dried violas (Johnny-jump-ups, pansies, or violets)
Mix all the ingredients. Store in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Use about a tablespoon per cup and steep for 15 minutes to release the flavor of rose hips and cherries.
--Cathy Anderson, Nicholasville, Kentucky
For more recipes from Kitchen Table, click here.