• 3/4 pound bow ties pasta or rigatoni
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves
• 2 fresh sage leaves
• 5 to 6 fresh mint leaves
• 7 to 8 large fresh basil leaves
• Leaves from 1 sprig fresh rosemary
• Leaves from 1 sprig fresh thyme
• Leaves from 1 sprig fresh savory
• Handful of fresh chervil
• Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley
• Salt and black pepper
• Freshly grated Parmesan, to serve (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the pasta as directed on the package, then drain.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a large pan and gently cook the anchovies, stirring frequently, until they have melted and thickened the oil and butter.
3. Finely chop the garlic and all the herbs, and add to the anchovies. Stir gently over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes to release the aroma.
4. Stir in the pasta and season to taste. Sprinkle with Parmesan when serving, if desired.