Photo by Howard Lee Puckett
Here’s a quick and easy way to prepare salmon with gourmet appeal. SERVES 6
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon thyme
• 6 salmon fillets (about 1 1⁄2 to 2 pounds total)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In small bowl, combine garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, mustard, honey, oils and lemon thyme; set aside.
2. Coat a large baking pan or sheet with cooking spray. Place salmon fillets, skin side down, in pan. Liberally brush each fillet with sauce. Bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve and enjoy.
Contributing Editor Kris Wetherbee tends her herbs in western Oregon.
Click here for the main article, Harvest Garlic Like a Pro.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE