This vegetable stir fry recipe is great as a tasty side dish or a light lunch over rice or pasta.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
• 3 tablespoons oil
• 1 small sweet red onion, thinly sliced
• 3 carrots, cut into matchsticks
• 3 small zucchinis, cut into matchsticks
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil (‘Siam Queen’ or ‘Genovese’)
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
• 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a wok or large pan over high heat. Add the onion and stir frequently until slightly softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. 2. Stir in the carrots, tossing well until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. 3. Add the zucchini and garlic, stirring 2 to 3 minutes longer. 4. Add remaining ingredients to the pan, stirring until vegetables are well mixed. 5. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Read the original article: Grow Your Own Herbs: Planting Herbs Indoors.
Kris Wetherbee is a freelance writer who contributes to more than three dozen national magazines. She lives in the hills of western Oregon with her photographer husband.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE