Savory Soy: Green Goddess Dip or Salad Dressing
Silken tofu’s delicate texture is ideal for dressings and dips. The creaminess comes from low-fat soy rather than the usual mayonnaise and sour cream. Thick and tangy, this dip also makes a great salad dressing; just add a little more water.
- 4 ounces silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- Coarse or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons spring or filtered water (for dressing recipe only)
Combine the tofu, basil, mint, parsley, scallion, vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Taste; add salt and pepper if desired. If making as a salad dressing, add the water. Chill until ready to serve.