• 1 stick salted butter or margarine, softened
• 5–6 garlic cloves, minced
• 3 tablespoons grated parmesan or romano cheese
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
• 1 teaspoon ground dried thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• Dash cumin
• 1 loaf French or Italian bread
With a wire whisk, mix together all the ingredients except the bread. Split the bread lengthwise and spread the butter mixture over each half. Heat in an oven set at 250°F for 7 to 10 minutes.
--Karen Potter Morrione Atlanta, Georgia
For more recipes from Kitchen Table, click here.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE