Makes about 2 cups
This is packed with summer flavor. For best results when freezing, omit the Parmesan cheese and add it later when the pesto is ready to be used.
· 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and oil reserved
· 1/2 cup fresh rosemary
· 1/2 cup fresh parsley, lightly packed
· 1/2 cup fresh oregano
· 1/2 cup walnuts
· 3 garlic cloves, peeled
· 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
· Extra-virgin olive oil and reserved oil from sun-dried tomatoes, to total 3/4 cup
· Salt, to taste
· Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Combine the first seven ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the machine still running, slowly add the olive oil to create a fine paste. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Click here for the original article, Fresh for the Pesto Garden .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE