Enjoying fennel is not limited to cooking with its seeds or using its fresh leaves as a garnish. This recipes serves four.
• 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 4 fennel bulbs, cut into halves, cores removed
• Salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush grill with some olive oil to prevent fennel from sticking during cooking. Place fennel bulbs cut-side down on grill and brush with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Grill about 2 minutes per side, or until limp. Serve as a side dish with your favorite grilled entrée for a refreshing “change of taste.”
Catch Tim and Jan’s new television series Southern Fresh. Starting Mondays in May, the duo will show how to grow, cook and serve your own produce on RFD-TV. Visit www.timandjan.com .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE