This recipe tastes great over chicken seasoned with cilantro, or may be used as a dip. For a twist on the recipe, add avocado chunks to the mix. Excerpted with permission from The Herb Garden Gourmet (Sourcebooks, 2009) by Tim Haas and Jan Beane. To buy the book, click here. SERVES 4
• 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and minced
• 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Refrigerate overnight, then stir again and serve.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE