Try this fruity sorbet recipe with an intriguing taste of tarragon
Serves 4 to 8
A pinch of tarragon adds intriguing overtones to this sorbet; too much will overwhelm the delicate fruit flavors.
• 1/2 cup water
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 4 cups papaya cubes (1 3/4 pounds whole papaya)
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
• Juice of 1 to 2 limes
• 4 small sprigs fresh tarragon (optional)
1. Heat the water and sugar together until the sugar dissolves. In a blender, combine this syrup with the papaya, wine, minced tarragon, and the lime juice. Puree. Taste; add more lime juice to taste.
2. Chill, then freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
3. Serve the sorbet in bowls garnished with sprigs of tarragon.
Click here for the original article, Five Spring Recipes.
Writer and chef Cornelia Carlson tends an herb garden in Tucson, Arizona.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE