Photography by Howard Lee Puckett; Styling by Virginia Cravens-Houston and Judy Feagin
This warm, velvety sauce is naturally sweetened with honey or agave nectar. Use it to dunk slices of healthy fruits, such as apples, cherries, orange slices, raspberries, strawberries, bananas, dried apricots and pineapple. It also makes a rich-tasting topping for low-fat vanilla ice cream or vanilla frozen desserts made with soy, coconut or rice.
• 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa (preferably fair-trade)
• 3 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
• 1⁄3 cup unsweetened soy milk
• 1 tablespoon cholesterol-free buttery spread
• 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
1. Cook first 4 ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan over low heat, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Whisk in peppermint extract and enjoy.
Letitia L. Star is a healthy living writer who frequently writes about cooking and growing herbs.
Click here for the main article, Fight Aging With Every Meal.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE