All of these ingredients are good choices for calcium absorption.
- 6 cups mixed baby lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups mixed, strong-flavored, high-calcium greens (don’t use more than 1/2 cup of any one variety): chicory, dandelion, arugula and/or nasturtium flowers and leaves
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons Herb Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Tear the greens into bite-sized pieces and place them into a large salad bowl. Set the fennel aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the celery seed, vinegar and water together before whisking in the oil.
- Drizzle half of the dressing over the greens and toss. Coat the fennel with the rest of the dressing and place it decoratively on top of the greens.
Debbie Whittaker, the Herb Gourmet, is a culinary herbalist and instructor.
Click here for the original article, Prevent Bone Loss with Calcium Rich Foods.