Serves 3 or 4
This delicious slaw is great as a side dish, a snack or combined in your favorite lunchtime wrap.
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded fennel
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, toasted
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Pecan Dressing
- Black pepper, to taste
- Mix first six ingredients together.
- Toss with dressing and sprinkle with black pepper. Adjust seasoning as needed.
JoAnn Milivojevic writes about food, fitness and travel, and enjoys growing fine herbs in her Chicago garden.
Click here for the original article, Eatery Helps Chicago Greening Efforts.