Making healthy, low-fat food more appealing is easy when you use herbs.
Dilled Dijon Green Beans
Dijon mustard and nonfat yogurt add piquancy and tanginess, respectively, to this low-cal version of dilly beans.
• 11/2 quarts water
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 pound fresh green beans, topped and tailed
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons nonfat yogurt
• 1 tablespoon fresh snipped dill
1) Bring the water and salt to a boil. Stir in the beans and cook, covered, over high heat for 4 minutes. Test for doneness; beans should be just tender but not mushy. Drain immediately and toss with the mustard and dill. To prepare the beans in advance, boil them only 3 minutes, cool them in ice water, and refrigerate, covered. Reheat them in a microwave and then toss them with the mustard, yogurt, and dill.
Click here for the original article, Eat Yourself Thin
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE