Making healthy, low-fat food more appealing is easy when you use herbs.
Chicken Medallions with Herb Vinegar
Chive blossoms, tarragon, rosemary, lemon balm, and garlic all add a delicious, subtle flavor to a mild rice wine or champagne vinegar.
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
• 1 tablespoon herb-infused canola oil
• 1/4 cup herb-infused mild white vinegar
• 1 cup chicken broth
• Salt to taste
• Chives or chive blossoms for garnish
1) Rinse the chicken pieces, pat dry, and snip off any fat. Flatten them with a rolling pin so that they will cook evenly and brush them with oil. In a large skillet on medium-high heat, sear on each side for 2 minutes or until browned. Remove the chicken to a plate.
2) Whisk the vinegar into the pan, scraping the browned bits from the bottom. Boil the vinegar until it is reduced by half. Add the broth and salt, and reduce again by half. Turn down the heat. Return the chicken pieces and any juices to the pan, turn the pieces in the sauce, cover, and simmer for 4 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink in the center. Place the chicken on a warm platter and cover with the sauce.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE