Serve this Ayurvedic yogurt salad as an appetizer or as a refreshing accompaniment to any meal.
Raita Yogurt Salad Wraps
Serve this Ayurvedic yogurt salad as an appetizer or as a refreshing accompaniment to any meal. (It is appropriate for all dosha types.)
1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup plain yogurt (whole-milk, low-fat or nonfat)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Sea salt, to taste
4 large butter, iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves, washed
1. In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, carrots, onion and cilantro.
2. In a small bowl combine yogurt, cumin and salt. Whisk until smooth. Fold yogurt mixture into vegetable mixture. Season with more salt to taste.
3. Divide filling and spoon into each lettuce leaf. Serve immediately.
What’s Your Dosha? Find Your Ayurvedic Diet
• Vata: Has a thin, light-boned body; is emotional, excitable, unpredictable and prone to stress, anxiety and fear. The vata-balancing diet includes warm, creamy, well-cooked foods prepared with oils or ghee. Cold, raw foods should be reduced.
• Pitta: Has a medium-size, well-proportioned, athletic build; is passionate, intense, determined and subject to anger and irritability. The pitta-balancing diet includes cool or warm, moderately heavy foods. Hot, spicy foods should be reduced or avoided.
• Kapha: Has a large, heavy and powerful build; has high endurance; is tolerant, stable and loyal, but tends to be sluggish and susceptible to obesity and depression. The kapha-balancing diet includes warm, light and spicy foods with little or no oil and sugar. Cold, heavy or sweet foods should be reduced or avoided.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE