Splashy, classy or saucy, salad dressings amplify the flavor of your favorite fruits and vegetables.
Good on green salads, or over sliced cucumbers and sweet onions. MAKES ABOUT 1/2 CUP
• 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
• 1 tablespoon white wine or rice vinegar
• 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
• 1 teaspoon fresh chopped chives or green onion tops
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
• Dash salt and pepper
1. Combine ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
2. Can be refrigerated for up to two days. Stir before serving.
Jim Long is the author of The Best Dressed Salad (Long Creek Herbs, 2006). Contact Jim via our website, www.herbcompanion.com/contributors.
Click here for the original article, Dress for Success: Salad Dressing Recipes.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE