Makes about 2 cups
Serve this yummy tapenade variation with toasted bruschetta or crackers.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 6 cloves garlic, or more if you prefer
- 3 or 4 sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed and patted dry
- Pierce eggplant several times with a fork and bake at 350 degrees for at least 45 minutes. When the eggplant is well cooked (it will give slightly when you press on it), remove from oven and cool.
- Chop olives lightly in a food processor. Peel skin from eggplant and add pulp to food processor along with olive oil, garlic and tomatoes. Blend with processor until finely chopped. Don’t lose your focus, or you’ll end up with pureed eggplant goop.
- Cool and let stand at least 1 hour before serving.
K.C. Compton is editor in chief of The Herb Companion and loves experimenting with garlic in any recipe she can.
Click here for the original article, Dancing in the Kitchen with Garlic .