Try this fruit-filled and tasty cranberry bread recipe
Makes one large loaf
Fruit puree reduces both the oil and sugar needed to make a flavorful quick bread.
• 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
• 1/3 cup wheat bran
• 1/2 cup oat bran
• 1 cup mashed bananas or unsweetened applesauce
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
• 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon ground allspice, anise, cinnamon, or cardamom, or 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves or freshly grated nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Rinse and drain the cranberries and set aside.
2. Mix the brans with the bananas or applesauce, milk, oil, and eggs in a large bowl and set aside to soak for 10 minutes. Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the liquid mixture. Beat just until combined and pour into an oiled loaf pan (9x5x2 inches).
3.Bake until a toothpick thrust in the center comes out clean, about 50 to 65 minutes.
4. Cool before cutting. Store, loosely covered, at room temperature for one day, and in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Click here for the original article, A Feast of Cranberries: 5 Great Recipes.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE