Makes about 16 small fritters
Try these tender corn fritters smothered with maple or sorghum syrup.
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 6 tablespoons flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon sweet or semisweet paprika
• 2 tablespoons chopped chives
• 2 cups corn, freshly cut from the cob
• 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, baking powder, flour, salt, paprika, and chives.
2. Fold in the corn. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Drop the batter by spoonfuls into the hot oil and cook 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. If the fritters are too runny, add a little more flour to the batter.
3. Keep the cooked fritters warm in the oven while you fry the rest. Serve hot.
Judy Monroe is a St. Paul, Minnesota-based freelance writer on a variety of health- and food-related topics. She has written fourteen books for children, teens, and adults, including three cookbooks.
Click here for the main article, Cooking with Paprika .
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE