Grilled fish, always a treat, is made even better with this tangy sauce.
• 1 1/2 pounds swordfish steaks
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon ground coriander
• 1/2 teaspoon semisweet or hot Hungarian paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• Yogurt Mint Paprika Sauce (below)
2. Cut the swordfish in 2-inch cubes, discarding any bones. Place in a single layer in a dish. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the swordfish. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Thread the fish cubes on skewers and grill 5 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Serve hot with Yogurt Mint Paprika Sauce (below).
Yogurt Mint Paprika Sauce
• 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
• 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sweet, semisweet, or hot Hungarian paprika
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
• 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
• 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
Judy Monroe is a St. Paul, Minnesota-based freelance writer on a variety of health- and food-related topics. She has written fourteen books for children, teens, and adults, including three cookbooks.
Click here for the main article, Cooking with Paprika .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE