For a warming meal on a chilly day, whip up a bowl of this Tomato, White Bean and Chicken Sausage Soup recipe.
Served with sourdough bread and a green salad, this Tomato, White Bean and Chicken Sausage Soup recipe makes a warming meal on a chilly day. Chicken (or turkey) sausage contains less fat than pork sausage; my favorite version, offered in gourmet food catalogs, is flavored with sun-dried tomato and basil.
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 chicken sausages, sliced
• 5 cloves pressed garlic
• 2 cups stewed tomatoes with juice
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained
• 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried
• 1 sprig fresh oregano
• Splash of red wine
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, sauté the onion in the olive oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add the sausage and brown with the garlic on medium-high heat.
3. Reduce the heat, add the remaining ingredients, and simmer for 45 minutes. Serves 4.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE