You may substitute alfalfa sprouts or lettuce leaves for the bed of cabbage in this Herb Rice Mold recipe.
This Herb Rice Mold recipe works equally well with hot or cold rice. You may substitute alfalfa sprouts or lettuce leaves for the bed of cabbage.
• 1 1/2 cups finely chopped red cabbage
• 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green cabbage
• 5 cups cooked brown rice (2 cups uncooked)
• 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
• 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, chopped
• 4 tablespoons chopped fresh bee balm or horsemint leaves
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
• 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• Sea salt to taste
• Walnut halves and bee balm or horsemint sprigs for garnish
1. Arrange the red and green cabbage on four plates.
2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
3. With a rubber spatula, firmly press one-quarter of the salad into a 16-ounce mold. Quickly invert it onto one of the plates.
3. Mold the remaining rice in the same way.
4. Garnish with walnut halves and herb sprigs. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE