Bottle vitamin-rich flavor in this delicious Citrus Dressing recipe.
The old-fashioned way to make vinegar is a slow, natural process. But modern technology has sped it up.
Photo by inacio pires
Bottle vitamin-rich flavor in this delicious Citrus Dressing recipe. MAKES 1 CUP
• 1/2 cup canola or safflower oil
• 1/4 cup lime- or orange-infused rice vinegar
• 3 tablespoons lime or orange juice
• 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
• 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
• 1 teaspoon soy or Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon fresh lime or orange zest
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive bowl, jar or blender and mix until well-blended. Cover and chill for several hours before using to allow flavors to blend.
2. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator.
This article is excerpted from Herbal Vinegar © (Storey, 1994) by Maggie Oster, and used with permission from Storey Publishing.
Click here for the main article, Herb-Flavored Vinegars.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE