An herb flower sorbet is so simple to make that you can do it while visiting with guests over dinner.
Serves 4 to 6
If you love cinnamon, you’ll love this one. It’s light, slightly fruity and adds a zesty twist to dessert or as a palate cleanser.
• 3 cups bottled or frozen apple juice
• 2 cups sugar
• 14 to 16 leaves cinnamon basil, or 3 sprigs 4 to 5 inches long
• Freshly squeezed juice of one lemon
1. Combine apple juice and sugar in a saucepan and heat until sugar is just dissolved. Add cinnamon basil, cover and let steep 30 minutes.
2. Remove basil leaves (or blend them and the juice in the blender). Add lemon juice and chill thoroughly. Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Jim Long is a contributing editor to The Herb Companion and author of several books, including Fabulous Herb and Flower Sorbets (Long Creek Herbs). He can be reached at www.Longcreekherbs.com.
Click here for the original article, Make an Herb Flower Sorbet .
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE