As summer bows to fall, drink in one last golden afternoon outside with a hearty bowl of homemade soup and a good friend. Surround yourself with the warmth of wood and the laughter of a moment shared.
2 large butternut squash
½ cup grated farmhouse Asiago cheese
1 ½ cups organic heavy whipping cream
3 cups organic chicken stock
1/3 cup sweet yellow onion
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 clove minced garlic
2 teaspoons organic nutmeg
1 teaspoon organic ginger
Salt and pepper to taste
Hungarian paprika or cinnamon
Organic edible marigold
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut squash in half and remove seeds and strings of squash.
3. Place squash halves on a sided sheet pan and add small amount of water to bottom of pan.
4. Roast for about 40 minutes in the oven until squash is completely cooked.
5. Cool squash, remove skin and cut into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
6. In a blender puree squash and chicken stock.
7. Sautee onion and minced garlic in butter.
8. Transfer pureed and sautéed mixtures to sauce pan and fold in heavy whipping cream and grated farmhouse asiago cheese.
9. Add walnuts, nutmeg and ginger. Salt and pepper to taste.
10. Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
11. Remove from heat, ladle into bowls. Can be served hot or cold.
12. Garnish with sprinkle of paprika or cinnamon. Place fresh marigold in center of each bowl.
Note: For thinner consistency, add more chicken broth.
Our Picks for a Perfect Autumn Picnic:
• North American hardwood bowl and spoon from Greenfeet
• Redwood vases handmade from fallen and waste wood by Gerry Davis
• Poplar & walnut charger plates from Sacred Soil Designs. Email for custom orders: SacredSoil@msn.com
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE