Make your own pureed squash the bistro way.
• 1 acorn or butternut squash
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• 2 tablespoons fresh savory, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut squash in half, scoop out and discard the seeds. Arrange squash halves, cut sides down on a 1 rimmed baking sheet that is lightly oiled. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until squash is tender when tested with the tip of a sharp knife. Remove and let cool enough to handle.
2. Using a spoon, scoop out the roasted flesh from the squash and place in a bowl. Using a potato masher, or blender, puree squash with melted butter. Garnish with chopped savory.
Click here to view the original article, Budget Friendly Meals.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE