Cut costs with this herb-rich recipe.
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 2 whole cloves
• 1 stick cinnamon, about 2-inches , broken into pieces
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 carrot, grated
• 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, rinsed
• 3 cups vegetable stock or water
• 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1. In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in cumin seeds, cloves and cinnamon pieces and cook for 30 seconds. Add onion. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring once or twice, for about 10 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and carrot, cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
2. Add stock and lemon juice. Increase heat to high and bring to a gentle boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff rice with a fork. Remove cloves and cinnamon pieces and stir in lemon zest.
(Serve with Roasted Meditteranean Herb Chicken)
Click here to view the original article, Budget Friendly Meals.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE