• 2 English cucumbers
• 1 cup Yogurt Mint Dressing (recipe follows)
1. Trim the ends of the cucumbers and slice each in half lengthwise. Cut the halves into 2-inch pieces. Place the cut side of each piece down on a cutting surface and slice each piece lengthwise as thin as possible. Place ribbons in a bowl.
2. Toss with Yogurt Mint Dressing
Yogurt Mint Dressing
Makes 1 cup
• 1 1/2 cups unflavored yogurt, drained
• 3 tablespoons sake or sweet white wine
• 3 tablespoons fresh peppermint, chopped
• 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, white wine, peppermint and sugar.
Pat Crocker cooks bistro-style food with her favorite herbs every week. Her latest book, The Vegan Cook’s Bible (Robert Rose, 2009), is now available.
Click here to view the original article, Budget Friendly Meals.