Blueberries are incredibly good for you. At a mere 80 calories per cup, blueberries offer a good source of vitamin C, fiber, potassium, lutein and a host of phytochemicals. HEALTHY BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE SERVES 2 TO 3
• 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
• 1 cup ice, if using fresh blueberries
• 1/2 cup light coconut milk
• 1/2 cup pineapple juice
• 1 ripe banana
• 1 tablespoon honey, if desired
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour Healthy Blueberry Smoothie into chilled glasses and serve.
Kris Wetherbee is a freelance writer and frequent contributor. She lives in the hills of western Oregon with her photographer husband, Rick Wetherbee. Visit her website at Rick & Kris Wetherbee.
Click here for the main article, Health Benefits of Berries.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE