Start your day with deliciously healthful herbal scones, muffins and breads.
Makes about 3½ dozen biscuits
If cicely is not to your liking, try lemon thyme.
• ½ cup rice or soy milk
• 1 large egg
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 cups Whole-Grain Granola (homemade or store-bought)
• ½ cup whole wheat flour
• ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
• 3 tablespoons organic cane sugar
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sweet cicely or chervil
• ¼ cup shredded coconut, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil two baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl, beat milk and egg together until frothy. Beat in oil. Stir in granola, flour, apricots, sugar, sweet cicely and coconut if using.
3. Drop by the tablespoon, about 1 inch apart, onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork.
4. Bake 10 minutes, until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack. Store cool biscuits in an airtight container up to 5 days; store in freezer up to 2 months.
Click here for the main article, 6 Healthful Breakfast Recipes .
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE