Try this Indian dish as a vegetarian entrée, or add meat to make a side dish
Alu Chat (right) is a great low calorie dish to try!
This dish is served in India as a vegetarian entrée or as a side dish with chicken or lamb. Makes 4 entrées or 6 side-dish servings; 150 calories per serving, 2.2 grams fat, 14 percent of calories from fat.
• 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 3 mild fresh green chiles (about 4 ounces), minced
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
• 2 scallions, minced
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Place them in a glass baking pan and toss them with the oil until well coated, then spread them in a single layer. Roast for 35 minutes, then add the chiles and stir well. Continue roasting until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned, about 10 minutes longer.
2. Place the potatoes in a serving bowl and add the cayenne, parsley, and scallions. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Click here for the original article, Recipes With Parsley: Prepare A Parsley Buffet .
Judith Benn Hurley has written for Ladies’ Home Journal and Prevention, where she was food editor for five years.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE