The recipe that follows is adapted from Olive Dunn’s, and they remind me of my magical day in her fragrance garden.
Makes about 24 small meringues
The secret to these delectable little morsels is long, slow cooking. As they bake, their fragrance fills the house.
1. Preheat oven to 225°F.
2. Place the flowers and granulated sugar in a blender container. Blend to a fine dust and sift it with the confectioners’ sugar into a bowl.
3. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and then beat in a drop of lemon juice. Fold in the sifted lavender sugar.
4. Drop small spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment paper.
5. Bake for about three hours, or until firm and golden. Cool on a rack.
1. Beat the whipping cream and dried lavender flowers until stiff. Add confectioners’ sugar if desired. Place spoonfuls of the cream between pairs of cooled meringues, and serve the sandwiches immediately.
Click here for the original article, A Fragrance Garden: Floresta Fragrant Gardens.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE