Try this deliciously sweet spread on your breakfast toast
Makes about 31/2 cups
This makes a delicious, healthy spread for toast.
• 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
• 3 large pears (about 11/2 pounds)
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Rinse and drain the berries, discarding any that are mushy or soft.
2. Scrub the pears, core them, and cut into large chunks.
3. Put the berries and the pears in a large heavy saucepan with the water.
4. Cover and cook over a low flame until the pear disintegrates and the berries pop.
5. Stir in the sugar and cinnamon and raise the heat to moderate.
6. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the “butter” is very thick and smooth.
7. Pour into a clean quart jar.
8. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to a month. For longer storage, the butter must be frozen or canned in a water-bath or pressure cooker.
Click here for the original article, A Feast of Cranberries: 5 Great Recipes.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE