Add these tart ice cubes to any sweet drink.
Makes 12 to 14 cubes
Use these cubes to make cranberry drinks. The cubes develop off flavors when frozen for more than a month, so it’s best to puree only one bag at a time.
• 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
• 1 cup water
• 1/3 cup sugar
1. Rinse and check cranberries.
2. Put them in a heavy saucepan with water and sugar. Heat over a moderate flame until the berries pop.
3. Cool and puree in a blender.
4. Scoop into ice trays and freeze.
5. When solid, remove. Store the cubes in an air-tight freezer-proof container or several layers of plastic and freeze for up to one month.
Mix 1 to 2 cubes with 1 cup of boiling or chilled water, adding honey if you prefer a sweeter drink.
Click here for the original article, A Feast of Cranberries: 5 Great Recipes.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE