Serves 4 to 6
Even if you can’t get to a lavender festival this summer, tip a glass of this light summer cocktail in salute to glorious fields of home-grown purple pleasure.
• 1/4 cup orange juice
• 1 cup fresh strawberries
• 1 tablespoon fresh lavender buds
• 3 cups white wine (or one 750 ml bottle)
• 4 cups mineral water
• 4 to 6 fresh lavender sprigs
• 4 to 6 fresh strawberries
1. In a blender or food processor, blend the orange juice, 1 cup of strawberries, and lavender flowers. Transfer to a jug or bowl.
2. Pour wine over the blended mixture and allow to steep for 30 minutes; then strain into a punch bowl, discarding solids.
3. To serve, fill a wineglass half full with this flavored wine and top with mineral water. Garnish with a sprig of lavender and a strawberry.
Click here for the original article, 8 Lovely Lavender Recipes .
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE