Here is one of our favorite winter teas, courtesy The Herb Companion. This recipe serves two, but you can multiply it and save the herbal mix to enjoy again and again.
4 cups water
½ teaspoon dried ginger root
2 teaspoons roasted dandelion root
½ teaspoon star anise
½ teaspoon cinnamon bark
2 cardamom pods
2 teaspoons honey
Milk to taste
Nutmeg to taste
- Slowly heat water in a noncorrodible saucepan.
- Crush herbs slightly to release their aroma, then add to warming water.
- Cover saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain into two mugs and add a teaspoon of honey and a splash of milk to each mug.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg, and toast to a great winter!
For tips on how to warm up your winter, read Cozy Home: Winter Comforts and make your home a cozy one!