After watching the season premiere of Project Runway Season 6 last night, I was pumped. I may have attempted a model walk in my stilettos down the catwalk (hallway) to my room. But at just barely 5 feet tall, my modeling experience will be limited to posing in front of the bathroom mirror.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a model though, why not be an eco-friendly one?
Do you have what it takes to be the next green model? Enter Project Green Search. Photo Courtesy Project Green Search.
Participants must be at least 17 years old and dedicated to professionalism, environmental awareness and social responsibility. Contestants will be required to volunteer for at least 10 hours to an environmental group including The Natural Step, Green Corps, Natural Resources Defense Council, Global Green, The Sierra Club and others.
During Portland Fashion Week (October 7-11), a sustainable fashion week featuring only eco-designers, judges will score the top 10 finalists based on a photo shoot, interview and runway walk. The judges, including Darren Moore, Deborah Lindquist, Josie Maran, Michael Kaliski, Starre Vartan and Summer Rayne Oakes, will then choose a winner.
• The winner will receive these eco-fabulous prizes.
• If not yet represented, a contract with top-tier modeling agencies to provide representation in Portland and Los Angeles for work in print, runway and television.
• A professional photography session with fashion photographer Courtney Dailey, complete with organic make-up and sustainable designer clothing.
• A 20-piece eco-fashion wardrobe.
• A natural and organic beauty shopping spree at Future Natural.
• Features, articles and covers in publications including Coco Eco Magazine, Organic Spa Magazine, Peppermint Magazine, Chenille Magazine, Electrifying Times, Route 66 Pulse, and more tear sheets to build a portfolio.
• Guidance and introductions by LOHAS to sustainable beauty, fashion and other companies.
• A one year stint as the face of Project Green Search.
If you want to strut your eco-fabulous stuff, enter the contest by September 16, 2009.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE