• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1 ounce beef heart or liver
• 10 ounces cooked quinoa or brown rice
• 2 ounces mixed greens (can include some parsley or nettle)
• 1 clove garlic, pressed
• 1 teaspoon eggshell powder or bonemeal
• 1/4 teaspoon iodized salt
• 50 IU vitamin E
1. In a frying pan, cook the ground beef and heart or liver until lightly browned.
2. Place cooked meat, grain, greens and other ingredients in a food processor and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Recipe continues on Page 49.
3. Divide into individual portions (portion size will depend upon the size of your dog) and refrigerate or freeze immediately.
Lynn Alley is a Southern California-based food and wine writer who has cooked for her pets for years.
Click here for the main article, Pet Corner: Try Natural Homemade Dog Food .
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE