Whip up an herbal tincture to stay naturally healthy.
Homemade Herbal Tincture
2 ounces dried herbs or 4 ounces fresh herbs
1 cup vodka
1. Chop fresh herb or grind dried herb.
2. Place herb in a glass jar labeled with the current date and herb’s name.
3. Add sufficient vodka to cover the herbs.
4. Screw on the lid, put the jar in a dark place at room temperature and shake at least once daily (shaking ensures a strong extraction).
5. After two to three weeks, pour the contents of the jar through several layers of cheesecloth or unbleached muslin.
6. Allow liquid to settle in a clean jar overnight.
7. Strain clear liquid through a filter paper.
8. Store in correctly labeled, dark glass bottles in a cool, dark place.
To use: Place a few drops of tincture under your tongue, or add a few drops to a glass of water or juice.
Excerpted with permission from Making Plant Medicine by Richo Cech
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE