Saturday evening, my friends Chris and Dave visited for dinner. We began the evening with mojitos, made with spearmint and peppermint picked from a pot on my deck.
This refreshing cocktail is especially tasty when temps rise into the 90s. Chris asked for the recipe … I thought you might like it too. (Credit goes to Havana restaurant in Bar Harbor, Maine, where my husband Steve and I first sampled this tasty version four summers ago.)
• 1.5 ounces golden rum
• 12 fresh mint leaves
• ½ lime
• 2 tablespoons simple syrup (see below)
• Ice cubes
• Club soda
• Additional mint leaves for garnish
1. In a tall glass, muddle mint leaves with lime wedges, releasing the juice.
2. Add simple syrup. Fill glass almost to top with ice cubes.
3. Add rum. Fill glass with soda.
4. Stir well. Garnish with a mint sprig.
Note: To make simple syrup, boil 2 cups sugar with 1 cup water for 5 minutes. Refrigerate to cool; use as needed.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE