An herbal-themed gift basket will make a great present for your dad this Father’s Day. Whether he’s a cook, a gardener or enjoys an occasional spa day, giving him a variety of treats that incorporate herbs will make his day complete. Check out some herb-inspired gifts to include in your Father’s Day gift basket this year.
Your gift basket can be simple, inexpensive and still include a variety of gifts that cater to your dad’s interests. For example, my dad enjoys cooking with herbs from his garden, and his favorite snack is a cheese sandwich with a little Roma tomato and fresh basil (Ocimum basilicum). He grows basil in his garden, but he’s always looking to try a new cheese to put on his sandwich. I found this recipe for an herbed cheese that makes a wonderful spread on crackers and I plan on making the cheese or including the recipe in his basket. Here are a few ideas for herbal-themed treats to put in your Father’s Day gift basket.
Photo by Calvert Cafe & Catering/Courtesy Flickr
• Make a botanical card: Create your own paper, embedded with bits of plants and delicious herbal scents. For instructions, read Easy-To-Make Herbal Cards.
• Herbal tea: Give your dad a variety of herbal infused teas such as chamomile (Matricaria recutita), yerba mate, peppermint (Mentha piperita) or green tea (Camellia sinensis).
• Herbal fragrances for men: Make your dad bath salts, potpourri or an air freshener. For recipes read Herbal Scents for Men.
• Chocolates: Exotic chocolates flavored with herbs, such as lavender honey, garden mint and much more are great gifts for dad.
• A book for the gardener: Nancy Arrowsmith’s book, Essential Herbal Wisdom is a great gift for a gardener. Read this review for more information.
These are just a few treats to fill your Father’s Day gift basket. I’m interested to hear what herbal-themed gifts you would give to your dad. Please share by leaving a comment.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE