Recipe: A menopause tincture to treat menopause symptoms.
1. Blend the tinctures.
2. To use: Take 1/2 teaspoon in a little water three times daily to relieve symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes and vaginal dryness.
Additions To The Menopause Tincture:
• For water retention, add 1 teaspoon dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale) tincture
• To protect the heart and blood vessels, add 1 teaspoon hawthorn (Crataegus spp.) tincture
• For mild depression or nervousness, add 1 teaspoon St. John’s wort tincture
• Tea: If you would rather make a tea, use dried herbs instead of tinctures in the same proportions. Lightly cook just below simmering in a quart of boiling water for about 10 minutes, then let steep for another 15 minutes. Strain and drink.
Beth Baugh has been the managing editor for ten books on botanical medicine and has been involved in the herb industry for almost thirty years. Christopher Hobbs, L.Ac., is the author of Herbal Remedies for Dummies (IDG, 1998) and many other books. Together, Christopher and Beth have recently completed an herbal correspondence course called Foundations of Herbalism; visit www.christopherhobbs.com.
Click here for the main article, "Herbs for Menopause Symptoms."
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE