Rich in alpha-hydroxy acids, this yogurt cleanser effectively fights breakouts.
Yogurt is rich in natural alpha-hydroxy acids, and lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) and lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) calm inflammation. Thyme (Thymus spp.) helps fight the bacteria that cause breakouts.
• 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 tablespoon dried lemon balm leaves
• 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
• 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
1. Put yogurt and water into a wide-mouth pint jar and stir well. Add herbs and stir again. Steep mixture overnight in the refrigerator. Strain herbs from mixture, pour into a container and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
2. To use, dampen your face with warm water. Soak a cotton ball in the cleansing milk and gently wipe your face. Repeat until skin is thoroughly cleansed. Rinse well with warm water.
Laurel Vukovic writes and teaches about herbs from her home in southern Oregon. She is the author of 1,001 Natural Remedies (DK, 2003) and Herbal Healing Secrets for Women (Prentice Hall, 2000).
Click here for the original article, Herbal Acne Remedies.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE