A dry perfume is more intense in scent than a regular perfume. Use this Citrus Dry Perfume to re-energize.
This Citrus Dry Perfume will leave your skin smelling of fresh lemons and oranges.
Dry perfumes are similar to sachets. Nefertiti, queen of Egypt during the 18th dynasty, always carried her personal scent with her in a small pouch. Dry perfumes are more intense in scent than body powders, and are used in place of perfume to scent skin and hair. Essential oil of bergamot can be found in many natural food stores. MAKES 1 OUNCE OF CITRUS DRY PERFUME
• 1 teaspoon orris root powder
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 tablespoon dried orange peel (or combination of dried citrus peels)
• 2 drops lemon essential oil
• 2 drops bergamot essential oil
1. Mix together all ingredients. Place mixture in a food processor, blender or coffee grinder and process until you have a smooth, fine powder. Place the perfume in a clean container with a tight-fitting lid.
2. To use Citrus Dry Perfume: Rub a small amount of this scented powder on your skin where you would apply perfume or cologne.
Janice Cox is the author of Natural Beauty at Home (Henry Holt, 2002).
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Citrus for Skin and Hair.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE