This simple Spiced Orange Body Scrub recipe will help create the perfect Turkish spa experience.
Try this simple Spiced Orange Body Scrub recipe for a Turkish spa experience. This homemade body scrub lends itself to a perfect hour of relaxation. MAKES 10 OUNCES
• 1 cup raw sugar
• 1/4 cup walnut oil
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground clove buds
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon dried orange peel
• 2 to 3 drops sweet orange essential oil (optional)
1. Stir together all ingredients until well-mixed. Spoon into a clean jar with tight-fitting lid.
2. To use: Before bathing and standing in the tub or shower, massage the mixture all over your body to gently exfoliate and moisturize your skin. Shower or soak in the tub for 15 to 20 minutes, then pat your skin dry and follow with more natural oil or rich body lotion.
Janice Cox is the co-author, with her daughter, Lauren Cox, of EcoBeauty (Ten Speed Press, 2009).
Click here for the main article, Body & Soul: Easy Meditteranean Spa Treatments.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on natural health, organic gardening, real food and more!LEARN MORE