Take advantage of thyme, a popular Mediterranean herb, and honey, a natural antiseptic, in this Thyme-Honey Cleanser recipe.
Thyme's antiseptic properties make it a perfect addition to homemade facial cleansers. Pair it with honey for even more beauty benefits.
Greek honey made from thyme flowers is some of the best in the world—it is known for having a mild taste and high nutritional value. Use these nutrient-rich ingredients to make this homemade facial cleanser. Greek honey can be found in the honey section of your grocery store. MAKES 5 OUNCES
• 1/4 cup pure thyme honey or plain honey
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
• 2 tablespoons liquid castile soap
1. Gently stir all ingredients together. Pour cleanser into a clean container.
2. To use: Pour a small amount in the palm of your hand, then massage it gently into your skin. You also can use as a simple shampoo for your hair. Rinse thoroughly with warm water, then pat dry.
Janice Cox is the co-author, with her daughter, Lauren Cox, of EcoBeauty (Ten Speed Press, 2009).
Click here for the main article, Easy Mediterranean Spa Treatments.
Sit in on dozens of practical workshops from the leading authorities on Natural Health, Organic Gardening, Real Food and more!LEARN MORE